It’s that special time of year again where we salute moms for all they do. It’s easy to say this is the type of thing that should be done all year long but since life can often get in the way, we definitely want to make it a point to show our appreciation on this special day. For most moms, there’s no better gift than some alone time to relax and replenish. And whether the mother in your life wants to be with the family all day or just needs a couple of hours to herself, these local family friendly events will be a great solution for either option.
- Starting at 8:30 in the morning, your whole family can participate in Waller Creek’s Field Day! Enjoy games, exercise and giveaways at Palm Park.
- At 9:00am you can give back and grab a delicious breakfast at any of the Hat Creek Burger Co. locations. They will be hosting a drive for diapers and wipes. In exchange for your donation, you’ll receive a gift card!
- Nature Day at Baker Sanctuary in Leander starts at 9:00am. Enjoy the wildlife and plants while kids take part in activities like nest box building, bird identification and creating bird feeders.
- Head on over to Brentwood Social House at 10:00am for Bubble Fest! Kids can play with various wands and make giant bubbles.
- From 10:00am to 3:00pm SAFE Austin will host Touch-a-Truck! Children will have a chance to explore vehicles like fire trucks, ambulances, bulldozers and more! Find the event at Camp Mabry for only $5.
- Circle C is hosting a free LEGO fun day at 2:30pm. Kids will be encouraged to build LEGO robotics, make a stop animation movie and enjoy crafts. It all goes down at the Community Center.
- From 5:00 to 6:00pm at Top Notch Burger Do512 Family will be hosting a party with free milkshakes, face painting, prizes, games and more!
- It’s UMLAUF Family Day at the sculpture garden. From noon to 4:00PM there will be plenty of free activities to enjoy.
- The Austin Symphonic Band will be performing at the State Capitol starting at 7:00pm. This free concert will celebrate mom. Be sure to bring a blanket to sit down and enjoy the show.
No matter what you decide to do this weekend, make sure mom feels spoiled and loved. From all of us here at SPIRIT, Happy Mother’s Day!