Hosting a big dinner during the holiday season if you’re not feeling well can be tricky. Not only do you have the normal stress of entertaining, you have to be vigilant in making sure you don’t do too much or make yourself even more sick.
Here are 12 tips for staying well while you’re entertaining:
- Fill yourself with gratitude and thanksgiving and be a Mary. Serve out of grace, not anxiety. To do that, ask for help and delegate. We can’t do it all nor should we even try.
- Make a list of everything you need to do and every recipe you are making or serving.
- Set the table the day before.
- Do as much cooking and baking ahead of time as you can.
- Write all the dishes you’re making on sticky notes and put them in serving dishes and set them out on the counter.
- Make sure you have all your pans and equipment ready.
- Recheck you ingredients so you don’t have to run out to the market again.
- Set all the serving spoons and forks inside the serving dishes so you know you have enough.
- Eat salads with protein and drink juice loaded with vegetables so you’re fueling your body with nutrition to give you more energy so you’re less likely to crash or crave sugar.
- Do not consume gluten if you’re sensitive to it (or have an autoimmune condition). It’s just not worth it.
- Take your supplements and probiotics.
- Take a hot bath with Epsom salts and essential oils to relax the night before so you can get a good night’s rest.
Image by LeoPatrone