Each weekday morning, Steve & Amy share the top news stories your friends & families might be talking about. Looking for more than just the headline they shared? Check it out here:
A person’s life was taken in a suspected Islamist attack on a French gas factory. French media reported that it was not clear if the life taken belonged to one of two suspected attackers or if this was part of an assault on the factory, located in an area which sits at the foot of the French Alps. Police have made one arrest.
U.S. women take on China in World Cup quarterfinal–-The United States’ quarterfinal against China on today has become the hottest ticket of the Women’s World Cup, and it’s the first World Cup meeting between the teams since the 1999 final, which the United States won on penalty kicks at the Rose Bowl.
Swimmers with red, irritated eyes coming out of the pool usually chalk it up to chlorine. But the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said it’s actually chlorine mixed with urine, sweat, other matter and dirt hurting your eyes — not the chlorine alone.
Honoring a fallen hero, lots of people gathered in a vigil last night for Hutto Police Officer Sergeant Chris Kelley last night. He lost his life in the line of duty. Folks in Hutto say the turnout is no surprise. One person said that although Hutto is a growing community, it is still very close knit.
Texas Longhorns Myles Tuner got chosen 11tth in the NBA draft by the Indiana Pacers.
Travis Co. dive team undergoes training, prepares for busy summer With more people on Lake Travis, the risk of more accidents increases. That’s why the Travis County Sheriff’s Underwater Recovery Team has been training. One of the dive team memebers said “It’s sad to say, some of the folks we’ve had to recover could have had their life saved with a 99 cent noodle from HEB.”
Texas family rescued after 3 days lost in Montana mountains Search-and-rescue teams rescued a family of 10 from near Amarilo after they got lost during a hike in the rugged mountains. The entire family was sick from drinking unsafe water.