AUSTIN (KXAN) – Zilker park closures began Monday in preparation for the Austin City Limits music festival and will continue through Oct. 26.
The Green Lawn, located in the northern section of the park, closed Monday and will reopen Oct. 26. The closure will allow for the festival’s set-up, break down and events. The last week of the closure is dedicated each year to post-event maintenance.
In addition to the Green Lawn closure, all of Zilker Metropolitan Park and the Zilker Botanical Gardens will be closed to the public during the concerts. They will shut down beginning 12:01 a.m. Friday and open Monday morning during the weekends of Oct. 4-7 and Oct. 11-14.
For those not attending Austin City Limits who have their sights set on Zilker Park during concert weekends, Auditorium Shores and Butler Park will remain open to the public.
In addition to park closures on ACL weekends, Austin will see road closures in the area including:
- Barton Springs Road from Robert E. Lee to Rollingwood Drive
- Stratford Drive from Barton Springs Road to Nature Center Trail
- Barton Springs Road/Lou Neff to Stratford Drive (right lane westbound)
The full list of closures is on the City’s website .
During the festival, Barton Springs Pool will remain open during regular business hours.
Here are few other festival reminders:
- No parking is available on park grounds
- A free shuttle will be available to event grounds
- There is no smoking on event grounds
- Make sure to review festival facts and information prior to attending