With school back in session, we all can get carried away with the busyness of our everyday routines. It’s easy to get so wrapped up in our own lives, that we forget the live out love to others that may need a helping hand. Below are some quick, simple and affordable ways to show someone you care this month.
1. Bid in the e-Auction: Our joy is to spread hope across Central Texas. Since we are a non-profit, we often have to get creative about how to continue doing just that. That’s why we created the Spirit 105.9 e-Auction. It’s a simple way to support the radio station’s ministry while benefiting from great local savings. You can browse the e-auction here.
2. Buy a co-worker lunch: Going through a stressful season at work? Ask a co-worker out to lunch and take care of the bill for them. You’re sure to have a good conversation. Plus, listening is an easy way to show love. We have several ways to save big on local restaurants in our e-auction. Places such as Craig O’s Pizza & Pastaria, Cover 2, Hat Creek Burger Companny and Doc’s Backyard Bar & Grill have gift cards you can snag for under $30 starting bid.
3. Get a toy for your church’s Children’s Ministry- The children’s ministry is a busy place on Sundays with plenty of young minds waiting to be encouraged. Why not bless your church with a cool toy from All Things Kids? We’re sure they will be clamoring to play with the fun new gift.
4. Send a Family Member flowers- It’s always fun to get a gift you weren’t expecting. Flowers by Nancy is a great little pick-me-up for a long work week. Send them to someone you haven’t seen in a while. It’s a thoughtful way to stay connected and let them know you care.
5. Take your neighbors on a fun outing- We often don’t to get to give as much time to our neighbors as we should. You easily can minister to a family that’s just a few feet away. Consider a local trip to Elgin Christmas Tree Farm for Fall fun that includes a corn maze, hayride and barn animals. Get it for less at the e-auction.
Do you have other great ideas to pay it forward? Comment it below.