When I was in my teens I would drink a six -pack of diet soda a day. I don’t even remember drinking water unless it was from a water fountain. When I was 19, I gave up soda because I felt like it wasn’t a good choice, it was expensive and something inside of me knew it must not be good for my teeth.
I started drinking iced tea for a while but then I discovered Crystal Light. Not one to hold back when I find something I like, I drank a pitcher of Crystal Light every single day.
Coincidentally my autoimmune system went haywire and I was racking up symptoms left and right.
- The brain fog was so thick, I actually forgot the word ‘July’ when someone asked me for my son’s birthday.
- My speech would slur.
- The hives were hot, itchy and painful.
- My chronic fatigue was ruling my life; my eyelids felt like they had weights on them.
- I could barely lift a tissue out of a tissue box because I had so little energy.
- I was using a cane to walk.
- It literally felt like I had lead in my veins.
- I had to have our housekeeper go grocery shopping with me so I could lean on the cart and point to the food and she would put the food in the cart for me.
Here is the crazy news: when I gave up Crystal Light those symptoms went away.
I went from walking with a cane to running every morning within weeks.
Please get off artificial sweeteners, not only does it MAKE you FAT–yes, you will GAIN weight from it, it can trigger or worsen:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Mental Retardation
- Brain tumors
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Some doctors are finally getting the memo to ask their patients if they eat/drink artificial sweeteners but the majority do not ask.
If I was a doctor and had a patient come in with any of these symptoms (see below) my first question would be ‘What are you eating and drinking?’
- Muscle Spasms
- Heart Palpitations
- Weight Gain
- Irregular Heart Beat
- Breathing Difficulties
- Anxiety Attacks
- Memory Loss
- Vision Problems
- Slurred Speech
- Joint Pain
- Hearing Loss
- Loss of Taste
It’s up to YOU to take charge of your health and look at what you’re putting in your body.
Image Take Part