Summer time means many new teens have left high school and are ready to move on to college. Amoungst the graduations and parties, grads will collect plenty of cool gifts and money. We want to give you a different kind of gift guide complete with a list of things your grad needs that may be easily forgotten.
1. Bible Study- If your grad is moving to a new city, or even state, chances are finding a new home church may be more difficult than they have planned. Sure, it’s easy to gather suggestions and go along with new friends but when it comes down to it, finding a place that encourages your personal spiritual growth can be hard. Until that time, having a good Bible study can be a resource for them to stay in the Word consistently. Ask around and see what types of studies are good for college students.
2. Household Items- It’s a fact of life, we need certain household items when we move out of the nest. They may not be as flashy or exciting but they will be used. Gift your grad with a basket full of cleaning items such as laundry detergent, Clorox wipes and Lysol.
3. Subscription Service- Getting mail is the best! Especially when your grad is away from home and still getting to meet new people. Show them you love them by signing them up for a monthly subscription. Birchbox, Graze, Whimseybox, Brobox and Julep Maven are great ones to try.
4. Emergency Kit- Another great thing to give is an emergency kit or tool box. The are things aren’t always used but when we need them, we really need them! Both items can be found already pieced together in any local Walmart, Target, etc. If you don’t want to get a kit, great items to collect and give include a screwdriver, flashlight and bandages.
5. Financial Advice- College is the first time that grads really feel the weight of financial responsibility. Giving them a guide, book or template to make a budget are great ways for them to start off right. Dave Ramsey has a guide for college kids as well. You can get it here.