- The Thrift Shop at the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection is accepting donations for victims. The shop at 2008 Justin Lane will take donations of clothing, housewares and toiletries, which will be taken to distribution centers.
- To help the families affected by the Steiner Ranch fire, Austin Christian Fellowship is taking donations of bottled water, sports drinks, non-perishable snacks, toiletries, work gloves, heavy duty trash bags, flashlights, batteries and pet food. Donations can be taken to 6401 River Place Boulevard.
- Collections are also being taken in the Liberty Hill area. You can call Chuck Licata at 512-466-7751 to help.
- Anyone in Hays County hoping to volunteer or donate water and food for firefighters or evacuees can contact Volunteer Coordinator Lidia Contreras at 512-393-7302.
- The OASIS on Lake Travis has announced it will be a drop off point for the Austin/Bastrop fire victims. The restaurant is accepting donations as well as water, work gloves, toiletries, non-perishable food items, clothing, trash bags, and flash lights with batteries. Boxes and donation jars will be in the lobby area starting Monday afternoon.
- The Austin Disaster Relief Network is currently assisting victims of the fires. Organizers say donations of food and clothing can be taken to any local food bank or charity.
- Lutheran Social Services of the South, Inc. Disaster Response (LSSDR)is accepting monetary donations for the fire victims here: www.lsss.org/give-now
- Cash donations should be made directly to the Red Cross of Central Texas.
- Foundation Christian Ministries in Cedar Creek is setting up a donation/supply center on its campus located at 177 Union Chapel Rd. E., Bastrop, TX 78602.
- Catholic Charities of Central Texas will accept donations for wildfire victims on Tuesday, Sept. 6. Donations can be brought to the Diocese of Austin Pastoral Center at 6225 Highway 290 East from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Donations will also be accepted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Catholic Charities of Central Texas in Austin at 1817 East Sixth Street. Organizers are asking for donations of the following items:
- Medical Supplies
• BP Cuff
• Pen lights
• Tongue Depressors
• Gauze Wrap
• ACE Bandages
• Neosporin Cream
- Other Supplies:
• Sleeping Bags
• Body wash
• Paper Plates, Cups, Napkins, Plastic Utensils
• Deodorant Sprays for men and women
• Disposable Razors
• Shaving Cream
• Baby Wipes
• Size 4 Diapers
• Baby Shampoo
- Donations can be taken to the Click Computers of Georgetown store, located at 1102 S Austin Ave, Suite 109, Georgetown, TX through Friday, Sept. 16.
The Capital Area Food Bank of Texas (CAFB) is requesting assistance in the following ways: Financial donations to CAFB can be made at www.austinfoodbank.org. Funds raised will go directly to helping CAFB in this disaster response. The relief effort will be long-term and monetary donations will be necessary for many months.
CAFB food donations can be made at the following locations:
- CAFB warehouse located at 8201 S. Congress Avenue, Austin , TX 78745 (8-5 p.m. or leave in boxes on dock outside of those hours)North Donation Spots for CAFB
- Round Rock Serving Center at 1099 East Main St., Round Rock, TX 78664 — 512-244-2431
- SVDP Round Rock — 620 Round Rock West -Round Rock, TX 78681 — 512-255-2330
- To hold a food drive at your workplace, school, church etc., CAFB has large food donation boxes available for pick up at their warehouse. Once filled please return to CAFB or call 512-282-2111 to arrange for a pick up.
Most desired food donations are healthy, non-perishable items such as:
– Water, Gatorade
– Ready to eat meals preferably with pull up or pop tops, e.g. chili, stew, canned pasta w/sauce
– Single serving snacks such as protein or granola bars
– Lunchables or other single serving foods that do not require refrigeration
– Baby formula
- Other locations taking donations:
350 Discovery Blvd in Cedar Park
Paul Mitchell The School: 15635 Vision Drive, Ste 107, Pflugerville
Hill Country Bible Church: 12124 Ranch Road 620 North, Austin
Catholic Health Association: 6225 E. Highway 290
St. Williams Catholic Church in Round Rock